Monday, November 19, 2007

Live Music Alert

After lamenting so much on my live music drought it seems I'm making up for it in the final months of the year.

This week I went to the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas to see Zappa Plays Zappa. This is Dweezil Zappa with an amazing band playing his Dad's tunes. I saw Frank many times back in the day so the nostaglia was a draw. He was one of a kind and love or hate him he always gave you and Dweezil is a pretty amazing guitar player in his own right.

Dweezil didn't disappoint. The show was kind of wierd (as it should be I guess) in that they played video of Frank on a big screen for 3 songs while the band played along. The band was really good and played a lot of great Frank tunes (without video).

The other reason to go was to see my brother's work place. He is a sound man for a local company. Many of his gigs are running sound at the Palladium. So he gave me the grand tour, showed me all of his audio toys and introduced me to his buddies. Honestly that was the best part of the whole evening. Since he moved here last summer I figured I'd see him a lot. Unfortunately he is always working! So it was great to hang out with my big brother in his world.


"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. " - FZ

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

too bad the only thing that made it to the airwaves was "dancing fool"... although it was certainly a great commentary...