Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Vacation

Tomorrow starts my Christmas vacation!! After work today I don't return until Jan 3. We have a use it or loose it policy here so who am I to argue? Kind of strange though because the kids are in school all this week. So I'll be at home sometimes when nobody else is there! Thats a first. Maybe I'll sneak out and work on my golf game. Or keep working on the annual jigsaw puzzle. Or maybe do some last minute Christmas shopping. Who knows, the point is I don't have to worry about it, I'm on vacation!

One bad thing about this year is that my family has changed so the Christmas festivities will not be the same. Usually my brothers would come to town and we would camp out at Mom's house enjoying each others company. But brother #1 moved to big D over the summer. Since he is in town and not out of town he pretty much has to work everyday. He will be at Mom's on Christmas day only :-( And brother #2 got married over the summer so he is spending Christmas with the wife's family this year in Wisconsin. I will still hit Mom's a few days but it will be sans bros this year, thats kind of a bummer.

I must say though that I have a lot to be thankful for. And I'm glad to have the time off at Christmas for family and to reflect on Christ. Him saving me is the only gift I really need. And as I sit at home that is what I will be thinking about.

Merry Christmas Yall!

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

This year does seem a bit weird. Next year will be even more so. We'll be down to 2 for tree trimming!


:-(
*