Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rifle
This is the Ruger 10/22 carbine. It shoots 22 caliber long rifle bullets. This model of rifle was the first gun I ever bought. Got it in 1980 and had a lot of fun with it plinking everything in the desert around Phoenix, AZ. I loved that gun. Sadly it was stolen when we moved from Phoenix.

So recently I've been wanting to get back into shooting. The boy has also been asking about it as well. So I naturally returned to my old friend the Ruger. I bought the same model and it arrived just last week. Since Texas is all private property the boy and I will head to the range to plink. But it will be good to teach him how to shoot and have some fun together.

2 comments:

jlester01 said...

ok. you need to post. when I open your blog, and see this rifle, it creeps me out a little bit.

dorz11 said...

sorry dear :-(

It kinda gets me all excited though...