Monday, June 02, 2008

Buffalo Wings - Old School

In my freshman year of college I met a buddy who was from Buffalo, NY. We called him Buffalo Paul. This was in the early 80s and at that time buffalo wings were unknown in the world except in Buffalo! So Paul had wing parties and taught us the beloved dish of his home town. They were simple yet tasty.

I hadn't thought of these in years. But my wife went out of town this weekend to her College reunion. That got me thinking back to those years for me and I remembered Paul's wings. Since it was just me and the boy we went for it. And they were just as delicious as I remembered.

Original Buffalo Hot Wings:

1. Cut wings into sections.

2. Fry wings sections as they are with skin on, no batter or breading.

3. In a bucket (Paul used a coffee can) mix 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce. Add a pinch of salt.

4. Drop fried wings in bucket and shake vigorously. Remove, serve and eat.

That's it, yum yum.

The shaking bucket:



Final result:

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

I'm going to have to let you choose the menu more often! We always ate this meal with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, cold Stroh's Beer, and chocolate chip cookies stolen from the cafeteria for dessert!