Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Stove

We have your typical stove, oven on bottom, burners on top. Our stove decided to kill itself about 6 months ago. For some reason it went into full self clean mode all on its own and burned itself up.

So far six months it has sat there with breaker off. And we have cooked without it. What is suprising is that so far we have not missed it. The kitchen is so full of additional cooking appliances that it turns out the stove is really just not necessary. While we have discussed getting a new one so far there has been no rush to do so. In fact its now like a mission to just avoid buying one.

I suppose there are a lot of things we have that we would get along just fine without.

2 comments:

Brent said...

We use our stove pretty much every day for boiling water for tea. Other than that, I can't think we'd use it much.

jlester01 said...

Jim's case in point Brent - I have an electric tea kettle, courtesy of my Jim's mom. If that fails, I use my microwave to boil water for iced tea! The oven is working nicely as a convenient place to store the $50 toaster oven that I purchased instead of the $1500 standard oven...