Sunday, January 25, 2009

The 2009 List

Part of the reinvention idea is really based on the fact I turn 45 years old this year. So I guess its time for the mid life crisis where you realize the "going to get to that one day" stuff needs to be gotten to!

So the 2009 list does include resolutions that are typical but it also includes new activities I feel drawn to or back to at this crossroads in life. The list (in order of priority):

1) Ask God to be in charge everyday - I always want to do it all by myself but it never works...
2) Daily exercise - no longer an option at this age. 30 min a day minimum, no exceptions.
3) Control finances - yet another typical list item but one that is critical with 2 kids in college
4) Reinvention - subtle changes so I don't get to stale...
5) Golf improvement. The game has been stagnant for me despite myself. It's time to get serious or walk away.
6) Deer hunting. The last time I hunted I was 18. Its time to get back.
7) Fly fishing. I've always wanted to try this and it seems like a good time.
8) A technical certification - got to challenge the mind and keep work skills up

That is it and that is a lot. Probably wont get it all done in 2009 but now is the time to start.

No comments: