Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Change

Its that time of year. The weather is changing and we have had our first cold snap this week. They days are short, its dark before 7. Soon the daylight savings time will shift back (Nov. 4). This week people in the house have been sick.

Everyone in my house knows that I will assend into my winter funk pretty soon. Winter is my mortal enemy. And as the last bit of decent weather tries to hold out I'll stay in denial as much as possible. But soon, soon I will spiral downward into that wintery depression....

Maybe its time to write my lament psalm :-(

2 comments:

jlester01 said...

lighten up francis.

Brent said...

I kinda wrote a lament psalm in a "These Days" entry on my blog and people kept trying to solve the problem...which I don't think is the point of writing a lament psalm. So, if you write it and post it, just know folks will try to make you feel better. But winter is my happy time in Texas because they're comparatively mild...four months of oppressive heat just beats me into submission.

In response to hearthomekids:

"Anybody calls me Francis, and I kill ya."