Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More Politics

Things are heating up. We were discussing this the other day.

Person 1: "I vote straight regardless of what the name is. It doesn't matter who the actual person is and I'd never vote any other way." This person went on to say almost everyone is this way and that its rare for people to vote based on the person and to not follow a strict party line.

I have to admit I do see this behavior from the majority of the people. I guess I'm in the minority. Although I have been registered with one party all my voting life on every election I decide based on the information I have on the person running and party is just part of the equation.

Person 2: "I'm not registered to vote and have never been registered to vote. I have no opinion and just don't want to be a part of it."

I can see a lot of people opting for this as well. The alternative is to seek opinion of others and that usually goes down the path of there is only one right choice...

1 comment:

False-River said...

Sad. I have a friend that is a libertarian. He votes for the likes of Ralph Nader, Bob Barr or Ron Paul. What a waste, his vote goes into a hole and never comes out. He is frustrated with both Dems and Repbs. He does not like the two party system at all.

Always vote the person, not the party but if all else fails, then the party.