Monday, October 20, 2008

Stuff...

- The Bosox went down in the 7th game. Nobody took their eyes off of them until that final out was done because those guys prove over and over again how scrappy they are. Funny how a few years ago the Red Sox were everyone's favorite underdog (besides the Cubs) and now they are the dynasty winning machine. So overnight the world has become Ray's fans. Its a great story, I'm on board.

- Fall is here :-( And looming is the worst day of the year for me. We shall not speak of the day when the clock hands move in the middle of the night 1 hour.

- The wife and I are secretly lamenting our age. It seems to be that point when you realize everything really has changed and you are on the other side of it. I recently had 2 great aunts die. One from my Dad's side, one from my Mom's side. Both of these were the last of their generation in our family. So my Mom pointed out that now they have moved up into that oldest generation slot and therefore I have moved up in the order as well! doh!

- My answer to polotics and a bad ecomony is sports. Give me college football, MLB and NFL so I can ignore the problems of the world!

- It's time to retire the traditional Elvis mask I wear on Holloween. I need something new, going to have to make a mask run.

- The Texas State Fair has come and gone again and I didn't make it, again :-(

- I'm not going to miss the King Tut exhibit

- Happy Monday.

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

I'm looking forward to a change from Elvis. The pressure is on.@