Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Carpooling

I've been driving to work 35 miles each way for 13 years. That's about 220,000 miles! And I did it all by myself. Most of that time the price of gas was under $1 a gallon (remember that). Since my wallet wasn't really impacted I wasn't thinking about green Earth or greenbacks.

Now that gas is approaching $3 a gallon I've succumbed to the carpool. I broke down and committed to restrictions on my freedom to come and go. I've had to give up the freedom to drive my car all alone 70 miles a day any time I want :-(

They guy I car pool with lives maybe 2 miles from me and he has been driving the same 70 miles a day. And he committed to giving up his right as an American to drive unrestricted anytime, anywhere as well.

But you know what, I wish I would have done this a long time ago. Its nice to only have to drive every other week. Its nice to have someone to talk to. And it's cost saving and earth friendly.

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

It's nice knowing that you will be home at the appointed time every day, no matter what! It's nice to have the "little car" to drive every other week instead of the gas guzzling QEIII van!