Saturday, July 14, 2007


MLB Stadium # 7


Some recent discussion came up on Brent's blog about 10 things you always wanted to do. One of his was getting to every MLB park for at least one game. This used to be a big dream of mine as Joan can confirm. But like all things has slipped by the way side over time. After a recent trip and aquiring number 7 maybe the excitment is back! I can't do it in one long summer road trip like Brent wants to but maybe I'll get to at least half of them in my life time.

Visited so far:
1. Dodger Stadium - this was my first, seeing the penguin
2. Angel Stadium - just down the road, more so cal baseball
3. Arlington Ballpark - the Rangers old stadium, probably shouldn't count on this list!
4. Fenway Park - this was a dream come true to visit the big green monster
5. Wrigley Field - another dream come true to visit the friendly confines
6. The Ballpark at Arlington - the Rangers new, and very cool stadium

and now
7. Camden Yards - I got to see the Orioles beat the Yankees with Clemmons pitching!



P.S. As a side note I did have some sad misses.... the old Tiger Stadium even though i visited Detroit many times in college and the old Komisky stadium in Chicago despite being in Chicago several times as well :-( Maybe I better get to New York and visit Shea and Yankee stadiums before the wrecking ball.

2 comments:

jlester01 said...

going to Shea is like going to the old Rangers stadium. It's got a bad case of the '70s. We better go to the Bronx instead!

Brent said...

I gotta say, I'm kinda jealous.