Saturday, July 28, 2007


'Fee Bill'


Thats the term LSU uses when its time to pay again. And daughter #2, Amanda Grace, called me from BR this week to let me know the Fee Bill for fall had arrived :-(

These aren't cheap of course! I remember reading when she was little about how I had to start saving for her college education early because the cost of education would be out of the roof when she went. Well I didn't have to many nickels to save back then so I figured I would worry about that another day. Eventually I did manage to start a college fund and save up for her. When she graduated from Marcus in 2005 I had a whopping $3,ooo!!!! Lets just say that is pathetic, you know what I mean if you have a kid in college...

Somehow by the grace of God I have managed to pay these fee bills without borrowing a dime so far. Many things lined up to make it possible that I wouldn't have ever imaged. Its by no means easy, in fact, its down right painful making the fee bills go away each semester. But I'm happy to be able to do it and I'm happy to do it for her.

Like any parent I worried about her going off to college. But Amanda dived and has blossomed at LSU. She has great grades, works on campus, and has made great friends and roommates. College is a molding and transforming experience in many ways and I'm so happy to see how she is growing there. I'm proud of what she has accomplished.

So here is to the junior year of my pre-vet LSU Tiger daughter! Bring on those fee bills, the investment is worth every penny!

P.S. If you have little kids start saving for the college now! Everything you read about the cost of sending a kid to college is all true....

3 comments:

Brent said...

I'm still in that station where there's not any pennies to be saved. But, like you, somehow, someway, we've seen the bills get paid and I'm not too sure that will ever really stop.

And LSU is supposed to have a good football team this fall, which, like any good SEC school, makes for a very happy campus atmosphere...

cookiehawk77 said...

Wow! Pre-vet! I wish my girl (Amanda's former coworker) were interested in vet stuff again. It really is her passion. She absolutely loved being a VA. She has other passions now, and I hope they pan out for her.
Julie's (and William's) mom

dorz11 said...

I didn't know your daughter was Amanda's co-worker!