Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Golf Lessons

So I finally broke down and got some golf lessons. These seem to help a lot as a start. But last weekend I went up to the Cliff's at Possom Kingdom. As the name implies there is a lot of trouble on this course! Turns out to not exactly be the best choice of courses to play coming right off lessons that have totally revamped your swing! It was scenic but brutal...

Here is one of the tee boxes. Hard to really appreciate what you see here but that is about a 150+ carry from the box to the fairway (shooting at that trap out there). Anything in between is a 300 foot drop into a ravine! Needless to say I fed the ravine...

This was a cool par 3. Hard to see here as well but the tee box is about 100 feet above the hole. I actually birdied this one!! Best shot of the day, perfect swing and ball rolled up to within 2 feet of the hole.
This par 3 killed everyone. Its a 180 yard carry to the green. Nothing between the tee box and green except ravine. I feed this ravine too :-(

Anyway, it was a fun experience but not recommended as a place to test out the new lessons!






1 comment:

Brent said...

Those ravines and creeks are precisely why I quit golf and am selling my clubs. I can get frustrated a million different ways for a lot cheaper.