Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Stupid Phone Company Messages

You know how the phone company has stupid messages when you call incorrectly. Things like you don't have to dial a 1 (then why not just ignore it for me) or you do have to dial a 1, etc.

Well this morning I was trying to connect to a remote computer using my home line. This is some old school methods here but should work for what I needed. The number I'm dialing is to Oklahoma so I did add the 1. The computer starts the call with those customary beeps and then I get a phone company message saying "This call cannot be completed because the number you are dialing from has been disconnected". What???? I get a dial tone, the phone makes calls, all seems normal. What the heck does this mean that my number has been disconnected?

After messing with dial properties and comm programs for an hour I resort to Google. Apparently this is the message you are given when your phone is not allowed to make long distance calls! Well why didn't they just tell me that in the first place? Maybe "This call cannot be completed because you don't have long distance service"??? Frustrating and annoying.

Day 2 of a week that didn't start well!

No comments: